2016 Up To Date CV
I am highly creative and enjoy working with people to develop their ideas and maintain their brand image. Furthermore, I see customer service very important to me. University has taught me how to work to with deadlines and to apply my technical knowledge to creative aspects of my work.
- Orchestration – Composing, Arranging, Transcribing, Notation and Accompanying.
- Highly Creative – My extensive range of creative skills would be an asset to any company.
- Mac and PC: Pro-Tools, Finale, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Touch Typing 60 WPM.
- Instruments: Penny Whistle in D, Recorder, Piccolo, Clarinet in Bb, Alto Saxophone, Piano, Lever Harp, Guitar, Soprano Voice and Flute (both used for a music tour to Italy in 2007).
- President Southampton Solent University Christian Union, 2009 – 2010
- Piano Grade 5, Flute Grade 4, LAMDA Grade 3, Singing Grade 1, 1998 – 2006
- Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award, 2004
- First place for Acting at Stratford Music Festival, 2001
- Two Bronze Medals for Poetry Recitation at the Stratford Music Festival, 1999 – 2001
- Master of Music in Music Composition – Pass, University of Southampton, 2013
Final Major Project: Composition Portfolio – Portfolio of Christian contemporary orchestral music.
- BA (Hons) Popular Music and Record Production – First Class Honors – Southampton Solent University, 2008 – 2011
- Final Major Project: Formed a Sounds Awesome Productions a production company that produced an EP hip-hop band. Dissertation: ‘How does film music communicate meaning?’ An investigated of semiotic theories of communication pertaining to Western music and culture.
- A2/AS all C-E: Music, Religious Studies, Biology, 2006 – 2007
- GCSE all A-C: Music, Short-course ICT, Math’s, Statistics, English, English Lit, Double Science, History, French, Religious Studies, 2006
- Evac Training – Sarah Bonnell School provided by Sarah Bonnell School, 2015
- Dealing With Conflict – Sarah Bonnell School provided by Kentrainers, 2016
- Inclusive, Cohesive & Safe Schools Training – Sarah Bonnell School provided by MarshallACM, 2015
- NCFE Level 2 Essential Teaching Assistant Program –
Units: Learning Styles, Lesson Planning, Assessment For Learning, Behaviour Management, Teaching Methods, Pastoral Care, Child Protection, Preparing To Teach- The Learning College, 2015
Private Instrumental Tutor – Essex, Mar 2016 – Date
Peripatetic Music Teacher: Alto Saxophone, Clarinet in Bb & Flute
ALL Talents Music School, London, Jan 2016 – Date
Pastor/Director of Music – New Cross Christian Centre, London, Aug 2015 – Date
Worship team musician: Acoustic Guitar, Keyboard & Voice
- New Cross Christian Centre, London – Worship Leader, 2015 – Date
– Member, 1998 – Date
- Life Church Southampton, Southampton, 2010 – 2012
- Southampton Solent University Christian Union, Southampton, 2009 – 2011
Junior Secretary – New Cross Christian Centre, London, 2014 – Date
Commission Work, 2011 – Date
- Harpist – Pop music collaborative project, Essex, 2015 – Date
– 4 Day Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2015
– Wedding, 200 guests, Southampton, 2015
- Pianist – 4 Day Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2015
– 2 Day Women’s Conference, 30 guests, London, 2014
- Clarinettist – 4 Day Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2015
- Wedding Music – (Harp) 200 guests, Southampton, 2015
– (Vla x2, VC x3 and Elec. Gtr) 100 guests, Jersey, 2013
- Photographer – Women’s Conference, 30 guests, London, 2014
– Art exhibition, Covent Garden, London, 2014
- Orchestration – (Strings) for a pop music project, Southampton, 2011
Live Sound Engineer
- New Cross Christian Centre, London, 2008 – Date
- Conference featuring international USA based speaker – 30 guests, London, 2014
- Women’s Conference – 30 guests, Feb-Apr, London, 2014
- Worship concert – 150 guests, London, 2012
- Live Sound Engineer Instructor, Life Church Southampton, Southampton, 2012
Sunday School Assistant – (Under 13’s)
- New Cross Christian Centre, London, 2005 – Date
Trinity-at-Bowes Church and Community Centre, (5-14yrs), London, 25/07/16; 27/07/16; 08/08/16; 10/08/16
Expressive Arts Teaching Assistant: Music Specialist
Sarah Bonnell School, (11-16yrs), London, Sep 2015 – June 2015
SEN Teaching Assistant
- Northumberland Park Community School (11-16yrs), London, 14-15/04/15; 1-2/06/15
- St Mary Magdalene Academy – The Courtyard – Autistic Unit (14-18yrs), London, 27/04/15
- King Harold Business and Enterprise Academy (11-16yrs) (Work Experience), Essex, 4-6/02/15
- Churches based in London & Southampton, 2008 – 2014
- Solent Christian Union, a society at Southampton Solent University, 2009 – 2010
- Live event at Southampton Solent University Students Union – 80 guests, Southampton, 2010
- New Music Ensemble, University of Southampton, 2013
- Collaborative Music Project, Southampton Solent University, 2011
- Orchestra & First Band, Davenant Foundation School, Loughton, 2007 – 2008
- Music Tour, Italy, 2007
Private Study with a Film Music Composer (9 Months), 2011 – 2012
Dr Andrew Fisher – Upon completion I created an album of piano music for children, Southampton
Sounds Awesome Productions, Southampton & Bournemouth, 2010 – 2011
Purple Squares Music Studios, Southampton, 2009 – 2011
Davenant Foundation School, Loughton, 2008
I assisted the leader by helping the younger members play the parts they found difficult.
- Waithe-Arnold, C., ‘The Garden Through The Window’, in: D. Samworth (ed.) The Write Stuff – Southern Essex (Peterborough: Young Writers, 2003), p.5
- Waithe-Arnold, C., ‘A Day In The Life Of Catherine Waithe-Arnold’, in: Dowse (ed.), A Day In The Life Of… Creative Writing ‘From East Anglia 2001’ (Peterborough: Young Writers, 2001), pp.102-103
In my spare time I enjoy walking, photography, sketching and working out on my mini trampoline. I am registered with the DBS update service and have a full clean driving licence.
REFERENCES – Available on request
Additional Work Experience
Assistant Nurse Under 16 and Assistant Ward Clerk
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow (week-long work experience) 2005
I used my original compositions as music therapy for patients.
- Three Forest Cheshire Care Homes, Chigwell (week-long work experience) 2005
I used my original compositions as music therapy for patients: I sang and played acoustic guitar on the ward; assisted the ward clerk, medical staff; participated in rounds with a consultant and his medical students; shadowed a doctor; shadowed a physiotherapist; communicated in basic sign language with a deaf patient and used my smile and friendly personality to entertain patients in isolation.
If you would like to contact me about any of the information found here head to the Contact page.