I am highly creative with experience working in the music and education industries, as well as the creative end of start-ups and charities. Customer service is very important to me and I enjoy helping people to develop their ideas and maintain their brand. University has taught me how to work to deadlines and how to apply my technical knowledge to creative aspects of my work.
- One-to-one tuition: Children, Adults and SEN (Special Educational Needs).
- Mac and PC: Microsoft Office, Pro-Tools, Finale, Aperture, Touch Typing 65 WPM
- Pop and Classical styles: Composition, Performance, Orchestrating, Arranging and Transcribing.
- Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Celtic Harp, Flute, Clarinet in Bb, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Voice, Piccolo, Penny Whistle, Recorder.
- Digital Media & Graphic Design Marketing.
- President of Southampton Solent University Christian Union, 2009 – 2010
- Piano Grade 5, Flute Grade 4, LAMDA Speech Grade 3, Singing Grade 1, 1998 – 2006
- Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award, 2004
- Teams & Medals: Netball (GK); Cross Country; Athletics: 200m Sprint, 100m Sprint, 100m Hurdle, 2000 – 2003
- 1st place Cup for Acting, Stratford & East London Music Festival, London, 2001
- Head Girl, Glenarm College, London, 2000 – 2001
- Bronze Medal for Poetry Recitation, Stratford & East London Music Festival, London, 1999; 2001
- PhD in Music Candidate – Canterbury Christ Church University, (Ongoing)
- Master of Music in Music Composition – Pass, University of Southampton, 2013
- BA (Hons) Popular Music and Record Production – First Class, Southampton Solent University, 2008–2011
- A2/AS all C-E: Music, R.S., Biology, 2008
- GCSE all A-C: Music, Short-course ICT, Math’s, Stats, English, Eng. Lit, Dbl Science, History, French, R.S., 2006
- Ride The Fader Productions (also Producer, Recording Engineer & Tutor), Essex, Mar 2016–Date
- Sounds Awesome Productions (also Producer & Recording Engineer), Soton & B’mouth, 2010 – 2011
Pastor/Director of Music – New Cross Christian Centre, London, Aug 2015 – Date
Session Musician: Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Voice & Woodwind
- New Cross Christian Centre, London, 1998 – Date
- Life Church Southampton, Southampton, 2010 – 2012
- Southampton Solent University Christian Union, Southampton , 2009 – 2011
Administration Officer – New Cross Christian Centre, London, 2014–Date
Live Sound Engineer
- New Cross Christian Centre, London, 2008 – Date
- Conference featuring international USA based speaker – 30 guests, London, 2014
- Women’s Conference – 30 guests, Feb-Apr, London 2014
- Worship concert – 150 guests, London, 2012
- Live Sound Engineer Instructor, Life Church Southampton, Southampton, 2012
Tutor: Alto Saxophone, Clarinet in Bb & Flute – ALL Talents Music School, London Jan 2016 – Feb 2017
Music Facilitator –Trinity-at-Bowes Church & Community Ctr., London 25/07/16; 27/07/16; 08/08/16; 10/08/16
Expressive Arts Teaching Assistant – Sarah Bonnell School (11-16yrs), London
Sep 2015 – Jun 2016
SEN Teaching Assistant
- Northumberland Park Community School (11-16yrs), London
- St Mary Magdalene Academy – The Courtyard – Autistic Unit (14-18yrs), London, 27/04/15
- King Harold Business and Enterprise Academy (11-16yrs) (Work Experience), Essex, 4-6/02/15
Assistant Sound Technician
- New Cross Christian Centre & Life Church, London & Southampton, 2008 – 2014
- Solent Christian Union, a society at Southampton Solent University, 2009 – 2010
- Live music event, Southampton Solent University Students Union – 80 guests, Southampton, 2010
- New Music Ensemble, University of Southampton, 2013
- Collaborative Music Project, Southampton Solent University, 2011
- Orchestra & First Band, Davenant Foundation School, Loughton, 2007 – 2008
- Music Tour, Lake Garda, Italy, 2007
Private study with film music composer – (9 Months), Southampton, 2011 – 2012
Upon completion I created an album of piano music for children.
Recording Engineer – Purple Squares Music Studios, Southampton, 2009 – 2011
Digital Media Marketing – Curae Health, Barbados, 2018 – Date
In-House Music Composer – New Cross Christian Centre, London, 2015 – Date
Graphic Design: Logo – Transglobalre, London, 2019
Harp: Composition, Arr. & Performer
– Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2018
– 4 Day Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2015
– Wedding, 200 guests, Novotel Southampton Hotel, Southampton, 2015
Pianist: Arrangements & Performer
– 4 Day Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2015
– 2 Day Women’s Conference, 30 guests, London, 2014
Clarinet: Arrangements & Performer – 4 Day Conference, 400 guests, Pilgrims Hall, Essex, 2015
Wedding Music: Composition, Arr. & Performer
– (Harp) 200 guests, Novotel Southampton Hotel, Southampton, 2015
– Composition only (Vla x2, VC x3 and Elec. Gtr) 100 guests, Jersey 2013
Photographer/ Digital Media Editor
– Women’s Conference, 30 guests, London, 2014
– Wire Art exhibition, Eterno Café, Covent Garden, London, 2014
– (String Quartet) Pop music project, Southampton Solent University 2011
- Contributor: Hailes, S., ‘How Hillsong conquered the world’ in S. Hailes (ed.), Premier Christianity, October 2018 (United Kingdom: Premier Christian Communications Ltd, 2018), pp.30-37. Available online: (follow this link to read)
- Contributor: Hailes, S., ‘Music Reviews’ in C. Borlase (ed.), Mission Worship, Issue 2 (United Kingdom: Mission Worship Trust, 2011), pp.42-44.
- Waithe-Arnold, C. 2011. How does film music communicate meaning?. BA (Hons) Dissertation. Southampton Solent University. Available online: (follow this link to read)
- Waithe-Arnold, C., ‘The Garden Through The Window’, in: D. Samworth (ed.) The Write Stuff – Southern Essex (Peterborough: Young Writers, 2003), p.5. Available online: (follow this link to read)
- Waithe-Arnold, C., ‘A Day In The Life Of Catherine Waithe-Arnold’, in: Dowse (ed.), A Day In The Life Of… Creative Writing ‘From East Anglia 2001’ (Peterborough: Young Writers, 2001), pp.102-103.
Additional Work Experience
Assistant Nurse Under 16 and Assistant Ward Clerk
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow (week-long work experience) 2005
I used my original compositions as music therapy for patients.
- Three Forest Cheshire Care Homes, Chigwell (week-long work experience) 2005
I used my original compositions as music therapy for patients: I sang and played acoustic guitar on the ward; assisted the ward clerk, medical staff; participated in rounds with a consultant and his medical students; shadowed a doctor; shadowed a physiotherapist; communicated in basic sign language with a deaf patient and used my smile and friendly personality to entertain patients in isolation.
In my spare time I enjoy baking, composing music, blogging, photography, sketching and working out on my mini trampoline. I am registered with the DBS update service and have a full clean driving licence.
REFERENCES: Available on request.
If you would like to contact me about any of the information found here head to the Contact page.